A summary of the program.
Animation as a language has evolved. From puppetry to advanced motion capture technology. Science, mathematics and computers have played a significant role. Watching an animation movie is fun, but making them is more fun. Kids make a basic animation using the mobile phone to understand the science and mathematics behind it.
- Understanding the need and meaning of animation with a historical perspective.
- Understand the process of animating with basic tools.
- Understanding terms like frames per second, and knowledge of the current capability of different cameras in terms of frames per second, and why do we have different frames per second options.
- Understand concepts like persistence of vision, the importance of knowing scientific laws and more.
- Kids create their own stop-motion animation.
- Interaction with experts on the 3D animation used in movies.
Animation means to invoke life, not to imitate it.
- Chuck Jones
Explore the photographs from our previous sessions.