A summary of the program.
Are bugs and beetles beasts? We scream, we shout, we kill, and we are afraid of these creepy crawlies that seem to be everywhere! But are they really that scary? These magnificently evolved creatures make their home on every continent on Earth and perform an invaluable service to keep humans and other species alive! A unique opportunity to explore the world of arthropods with an entomology expert at the insect museum. A chance for kids to really understand what makes an insect an insect, and how they differ from groups like spiders and centipedes.
To show kids the wonderful world of insects, bugs, beetles, and give them a glimpse of what excites an entomologist. Give the children a brief experiential exposure to arthropods – which means jointed legs. Through close observations of museum specimens at the newly opened insect museum at TNAU – the first of its kind in Coimbatore; They will:
- Investigate the diverse world of insects, spiders, and their relatives and discover the special features that allow them to live in varied habitats all over the world.
- Learn about compound eyes.
- Learn what entomology is all about.
- Observe the unique wing structures.
- Learn more about insects from an expert who has studied insects for over 25 years.
Eligibility - 11 to 15 years old.
All about our educators and instructors.
If the bee disappears from the surface of the earth, man would have no more than four years to live.
- Albert Einstein
Explore the photographs from our previous sessions.