Why should kids join this program?
How does a digital clock work? How does a car beeps more when there is a vehicle at the back? How does the washbasin closes the tap as soon as we take our hand out. Automation is everywhere.
The mechanical repeated work has always been automated since the Industrial revolution. Can machines do some part of out repeated thinking work has been the biggest driver of computational thinking. Thanks to Electronics and on Moore’s prediction on its growth, Electronics have been democratised. Boards like Arduino, Raspberry Pi have made the two world come together and given to the layman.
This has enabled Automating our day to day life. Kids observe them, use them, but can they build them?
Through this, kids understand the basics of programming and hardware and try to automate some of the work that they get to see day to day.
- Computer programming
- Problem solving skills
- Engineering approach of learning
- Observation, measurement, and Generalisation
- Start observing the automation around them and decode how it works
All about our instructors and educators
Why should you choose this program? How do we drive the curriculum? What would your kid learn from this program?
- Introduction to Arduino
- Learning algorithm with blockly
- circuit building using Arduino
- Introduction to programming
- Learning loops with servo motors
- Conditioning Sensors
- Array data to make decision
- Project (controlling of LED & buzzer - indication device)
- Fundamentals of motors/actuators
- Sensors - what & why?
- Introduction to Communications (eg.bluetooth/Wifi - serial)
Term III - Project work
- Problem identification, solution scope finalising, hacking
- Introduction to home automation
- Guided problem-solving
- Kids present their solution to the team & parents
At the end of the course, at the mini-hackathon, kids will identify a problem and build their own prototype.
What parents had to say about our previous programs
Mango Education guys are doing a fabulous job using inter disciplinary and non-linear teaching methods... their passion and involvement makes it happen
Mango Education is a wonderful venture. My son just loves his time there. Obuli and Arumugam are really passionate about Science and teaching kids. Be it their crash course or their star gazing night or their latest scientist interaction programme, it's all very innovative and interesting for the kids and parents.
A team that ardently works towards upskilling children in science, maths and computers in an intelligent, practical and funfilled method. Wish every teacher in schools here could teach like them. We'll have world's best brains coming out from Coimbatore. A
Computer Science is all about using computer is like saying Astronomy is all about using Telescope
- Edsger Dijkstra
Explore the activities from our previous sessions