The Study of Change - High school Calculus and Vectors
In this course kids get to learn an important tool invented by Newton and Leibniz: calculus! A tool to study changes. They learn the relationship between maths and physics to apply it in various disciplines of science and technology.
Why should kids join this program?
A sense of fear settles in for most kids when they hear or talk of maths. The fear isn’t inherent. Maths has been portrayed to be a monster that is tough to master. But it isn’t. Calculus and Vectors and inseparable part of our day to day life, but still we still them as a subject to learn.
Right from Newton to Abraham Lincoln, a generation of humans have been inspired by mathematicians like Euclid and several others. It’s been very influential not just in terms of using mathematics to solve problems, but in terms of influencing school of thoughts, inspiring a generation of thinkers.
Nature expresses herself in the language of mathematics. The truth is demonstrated and spoken in this language. It is the language that nature speaks in. This course will help kids learn this language, and put them on a future course to master this language.
- Enhanced problem solving ability (multi pronged approach to solve problems and ability to visualize)
- Stronger understanding of Physics and Mathematics
- Enhanced arithmetic skills
- Problem sheets
- Field trips
All about our instructors and educators
Why should you choose this program? How do we drive the curriculum? What would your kid learn from this program?
- There are things in science that add up quite easily, but others don't, literally. Kids get to learn how to add up things that are directly dependent aka vectors. They get to visualize vectors, the need for it, the history of it, and how it's helpful in understanding physical phenomena. The kids will also go through a basic algebra module, before stepping into vectors.
- As you read this, somewhere deep out there, several stars are born, several die a glorious supernova, planetary systems form around host stars, on one of which life is trying or already found a way! The universe is alive! What we are today, is what the big bang has come to be! Things have changed, over space and time. Studying these changes are not only interesting and intriguing, but also help understand the patterns, describe the laws that govern these changes and phenomena, and thereby reveal the deepest workings of nature. In this term, kids get to learn an important tool invented by Newton and Leibniz: calculus! A tool to study changes.
At the end of the course, kids will see mathematics as a language to express and understand nature.
What parents had to say about our previous programs
Learning by doing it practically and experiencing, creating stuff rather than listening to how it is made has made the Workshop on Carpentry, a very interesting session for my son Shaun. Though he was not very clear about what he would be doing in the session before it started, he was so very excited after the workshop and had the expression of achievement on his face. The workshop has given him the confidence that he can really create things on his own and he was coming up with ideas on what more he can do if the right tools and materials are provided.
Obuli, Aaru and the mango education team deliver education on their chosen topics the most relevant way modern education should be delivered. Wonderfully engaging and my son loves every bit of it. Keep up the good work!
Mango Education is the best place for kids.I strongly recommend every kid to experience education in mango academy as here the teachers are not exactly teachers they super awesome with kids.The exposure and experience given to kids is the best part,and it's completely practical oriented education.The whole team is totally dedicated with their work.Im so very happy and satisfied for giving my son in right hands.Thankyou all guys
Pure mathematics is, in its way, the poetry of logical ideas.
- Albert Einstein
Explore the activities from our previous sessions