Why should kids join this program?
This program opens up the minds of young students, enabling them to think, imagine, analyse, observe, and learn about the night sky. Equipped with wide range of modules, the program will empower students and radically change the way they think and appreciate the wonders of the night sky. There is the fun part of science, there is the hard part of science, and then there is the mathematics involved throughout the program.
- 3 projects + 6 night outs
- 6 months (weekly once for 2 hours)
- 10 years and above
- 20 kids/batch
All about our instructors and educators
Why should you choose this program? How do we drive the curriculum? What would your kid learn from this program?
Term I: Optics
- Nature and properties of light
- Wave Nature
- Particle Nature
- Reflection, Refraction
- Lens and Mirrors
- Image Formation
- Kids will build their own telescope
Term II: Celestial Sphere
- Understanding Geometry of Sphere
- Earth - Latitudes and Longitudes,
- Celestial Sphere - RA and Dec
- Effect of Earth's tilt
- Axis of rotation of Celestial Sphere,
- Motion of Planets - Retrograde Motions
- Circumpolar constellations - Tracking
- Kids will find Proofs with Sun and planet observation data
Term III: Classical Physics
- Laws of Motion
- Force, Acceleration
- Mathematical Modelling
- Angular Distance (diameter) of Moon
- Sun - Understanding Eclipses
- Centrifugal and Centripetal forces
- Data Analysis - Statistics.
- Building their own Project Report of the Constellation Observed
At the end of 6 months, on the showcase day kids will display their hard work to parents, friends, family, and invited industry professionals.
What parents had to say about our previous programs
We are so thankful to Mango education and team. Our son learned a lot about astronomy. Especially the way of teaching by Obuli Chandran had ignited a spark towards astronomy among the children. They are going to glow like stars in the future for sure. Thanks again!
Obuli Chandran really ur bunch of Young Astronomers batch is proving awesome. They all r superb. Hats off to u to give them this much knowledge in a span of 6 months. Tku again Obuli Chandran and mango education for this wonderful opportunity with Mithun Meenakshi Mohan
I and my son Indraneel had a very informativ
It's been said that astronomy is a humbling and, I might add, a character-building experience.
- Carl Sagan
Explore the activities from our previous sessions