Why should kids join this program?
A sense of fear settles in for most kids when they hear or talk of maths. The fear isn’t inherent. Maths has been portrayed to be a monster that is tough to master. But it isn’t.
Right from Newton to Abraham Lincoln, a generation of humans have been inspired by mathematicians like Euclid and several others. It’s been very influential not just in terms of using mathematics to solve problems, but in terms of influencing school of thoughts, inspiring a generation of thinkers.
Nature expresses herself in the language of mathematics. The truth is demonstrated and spoken in this language. It is the language that nature speaks in. This course will help kids learn this language, and put them on a future course to master this language.
- Number fluency
- Enhanced problem solving ability (multi pronged approach to solve problems and ability to visualize)
- Enhanced arithmetic skills
- 6 Month project
- Field trips (nature and construction)
Why should you choose this program? How do we drive the curriculum? What would your kid learn from this program?
- Number systems - need for numbers.
- Evolution of numbers.
- Basic arithmetic: introduction to concept of area and volume (basic shapes).
- Handling numbers.
- Maths as means of calculations in science.
- Algebraic expressions, equalities, inequalities.
- Linear, quadratic, cubic, quadratic equations.
- Visualising algebra by way of graphs.
- Algebraic equations in physics.
- Euclidean geometry: axioms and theorems
- Demonstrations of facts mathematically.
- Relation of mathematics to physics.
- Construction of basic shapes: circles, triangles and quadrilaterals (other polygons if possible).
At the end of the course, kids will see mathematics as a language to express and understand nature.
What parents had to say about our previous programs
Learning by doing it practically and experiencing, creating stuff rather than listening to how it is made has made the Workshop on Carpentry, a very interesting session for my son Shaun. Though he was not very clear about what he would be doing in the session before it started, he was so very excited after the workshop and had the expression of achievement on his face. The workshop has given him the confidence that he can really create things on his own and he was coming up with ideas on what more he can do if the right tools and materials are provided.
Obuli, Aaru and the mango education team deliver education on their chosen topics the most relevant way modern education should be delivered. Wonderfully engaging and my son loves every bit of it. Keep up the good work!
Mango Education is the best place for kids.I strongly recommend every kid to experience education in mango academy as here the teachers are not exactly teachers they super awesome with kids.The exposure and experience given to kids is the best part,and it's completely practical oriented education.The whole team is totally dedicated with their work.Im so very happy and satisfied for giving my son in right hands.Thankyou all guys
Pure mathematics is, in its way, the poetry of logical ideas.
- Albert Einstein
Explore the activities from our previous sessions